Monday, October 13, 2008

Winter is approaching

I have decided that I am going to have a love hate relationship with winter. This weekend it got pretty cold. I refused to turn my heat on. It got down in the upper 30's but seriously, it's October; no heat! So Friday night I went to bed in a long sleeved t-shirt, sweat shirt, sweat pants, and socks. I actually stayed pretty warm. The next day I curled up in a blanket, turned on my fancy fireplace, and watched some football. It was like 62 degrees in my apartment, but no heat! Then I left to run some errands and came back cold. So around 5 pm I gave in. My heat has been running for 3 days now. So sad; I went w/o AC or heat for like 5 weeks.

I bought all of my ski equipment last weekend. I just heard that one resort opens Wednesday. I'm not sure how that's going to happen due too so little snow, but I guess those fake snow makers are working. I'm pretty psyched about having my own stuff, especially boots that will be molded to my feet and not the gross rentals. (this is the love part of the story)

Here is the hate: I got rid of lots of clothes before I moved up here, and I am realizing that most of the those clothes were winter wear. I have very few warm clothes, and have been cold b/c of it. We had our first freeze last night. This means that I did not want to get out of bed at 5:30 a.m. b/c I was warm, and outside of my bed was not. So surprise, surprise, I was running late this morning. Then I get to my car and it is covered in ice. I quickly realized that my gloves were something else that I had gotten rid of b/c they were getting holey. So I had to scrape ice with no gloves while running late!

So hopefully this weekend I can go shopping for new clothes and maybe a new car, who knows.

Texas bound in 4 weeks!

5 comments:

Mathrox! said...

new gloves = must in co. :)

Amanda said...

ooo! A winter shopping spree! love it!

Anonymous said...

I have heard of people putting old balnkets or quilts over their car's windsheild to make it easier to remove the ice. Just whip off the blanket and wala! Ice is gone!

Mathrox! said...

it's like a magic trick! I can imagine Charlotte whipping off the blanket and saying "wala! ice is gone!" :)

kSk said...

TX bound in 4 weeks?? 16 days to be exact!