Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving and Snow

It's been a great week full of friends and play time. Wednesday I went skiing for the first time this season. It was a bit crowded and only a few runs were open, but it was fun. It took me a while to get my ski legs back and remember how to turn and stop, but I succeeded. Thursday was of course Thanksgiving. It was the first time I was away from my family for the holidays. I missed them, but had a great time getting together with a large group of friends for a big Thanksgiving feast. They are like family to me. Friday I stayed home, cleaned, and put up my Christmas decorations. I should have gone skiing. I decided instead to go skiing on Saturday even though "a little" snow was in the forecast. It started snowing Friday night. Saturday morning was beautiful. I took some pictures from my balcony. I planned to take more, but . . . keep reading. I was hesitant to drive up to the mountains to go skiing, but I thought I would give it a shot. It was no longer snowing in town. I figured if the roads were bad, I would just turn around. Well, the roads got bad. However, I could not turn around. So I drove all the way to the first ski place and decided not to ski. It was snowing pretty hard and the roads were just going to get worse as the day continues. So I headed back. At one point these guys in front of me got stuck and one of them jumped out and started pushing. I thought, that would really suck if I got stuck. Then, right at that time, I got stuck. Right in the middle of I-70 with tons of cars,and oh yes, a news truck! Luckily I got moving again pretty quick and made it home safely. Sooo, no more going to the mountains when it's snowing. And, I've finally made my decision, I'm getting a new car with 4WD.

3 more weeks until Christmas break, the end of Semester #1, and Texas bound for the holidays!






3 comments:

Mathrox! said...

I would hate to get stuck in the snow! :)

Amanda said...

great idea on the new car!! I can't believe there is so much snow! well, I guess I can considering where you live!! pictures?????

Anonymous said...

need you to post more pictures! You should take pictures when you go skiing too! 2 more weeks until Christmas break!!!