Monday, September 15, 2008

Beautiful Weekend

There's nothing like waking up on Saturday morning to a clear blue ski after it had been cloudy and rainy all week. To top it off, the temperature dropped last week and the high country got snow. So, there was also fresh powder on some of the taller mountains. It was a beautiful sight to wake up to. I decided to try out a new trail around Golden. It was pretty secluded with mostly mountain bikers and some horses. I don't think I saw a soul for about an hour in the middle of my hike. It was pretty peaceful. When I stopped to listen, the silence was only broken by the birds in the bushes. It was a pretty sweet sound. It is hard to find times of complete silence during our ever so hectic and noise filled lives. I decided to run the last third of the trail back to my car. Trail running is way more exciting than just running on the streets, especially when you go downhill! On Sunday I went with my friends to Eldora, the closest ski area to Denver and Boulder. It's a small place, but by far the closest. We hiked around the snowshoeing and cross country trails and then up to the top of some of the runs. It got us really excited about ski season. I am planning on buying equipment and season passes soon. The first snow will probably happen within the next 6 weeks. Crazy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you!

Mathrox! said...

yay for snow!! I wish you were here or I was there or something. School is way to stressful without you! :(

Anonymous said...

Okay! I am going to stop saying I miss you. I imagine that might make it harder for you... I "misplaced" my keys the other day...

Mathrox! said...

Charlotte does miss you, and so does Cynthia. We can't wait for you to come visit! You should put a link to my blog on your blog so that you will read mine! :)

Mathrox! said...

ok ok, you are right. you did buy us all sonic. i was just seeing if you actually read my blog. :)