Saturday, August 23, 2008

Year #4

So I can't believe that I have started my forth year as a teacher. I feel like I graduated college just a year or two ago. Looking back to my first year, I never thought I could make it this far. I'm not sure if I like this idea that life goes faster as you get older. The first week went ok. The first day was incredibly long and I was completely beat by the end. The next two days slowly got better. I had my first walk-through yesterday already! That was a little nerve racking just because I am not comfortable with the curriculum yet. But I think it went well. I've been fairly impressed with my kids so far. They are coming in with a lot of prior knowledge and are well behaved, at least so far (they usually are the first week). I can't help but laugh at some of my little 14 year old boys who are just in that awkward developmental stage. I have some girls who look like their 12 and others who look 17. I am looking forward to getting to know them better as the semester continues.

I'm getting ready to go for another hike. After being stuck inside all week, I'm craving the outdoors. I really enjoyed getting to sleep in this morning after having to be up by 5:30 everyday. For those who know me well, you can imagine the struggle. To all my teacher friends in TX, good luck this week as you start a new year!!!

No comments: